Birdville High School Computer Classes
We are fortunate to have access to some of the most advanced technology available for instruction. It is our strong desire to provide and maintain the high quality of technical education. With your cooperation,we will keep our computer and other technical equipment properly working.
Responsibility of the Teacher
The teacher is responsible for providing, along with the Birdville Independent School District, a professional learning environment for all students enrolled in his/her class. Every effort will be made to provide current software,equipment, and support when possible for the benefit of the student.
Responsibility of the Student
The student will be in class each day prepared to participate in a positive manner and contribute to the learning environment. The student will understand the consequences of any behavior that will disrupt the learning process. These are to include but not be limited to:
1. Any attempt to damage, destroy, tamper with, or alter the computers in any way(this includes changing settings on the computer, putting a virus on the computer, or any other means of altering or destruction).
2. Bringing a computer disk, flash drive, or electronic device into the classroom and using it on the computer without the teacher’s prior knowledge. This includes, but is not limited to malicious behavior not intended to destroy the computer. Any disk placed in the computer increases the risk of contamination and will not be tolerated.
3. The use of any computer game or other software not authorized by the teacher.
4. The inability to follow the rules on the Internet such as, but not limited to,destruction or tampering.
5. Food and drinks are not, under any circumstances, to be near a computer.
6. Any other destructive behavior as not specifically stated in this contract that results in the destruction or altering of computers.
7. Accessing the Internet or another unauthorized site while instruction is being delivered will result in appropriate discipline, up to and including a grade reduction.
8. Students will adhere to the guidelines as outlined in the BISD Secondary Student Handbook, Acceptable use Policy, Pages 42-44.
Responsibility of the Parent or Guardian or Student of Legal Age
The parent will be responsible for the expenses incurred by your child when he/she will choose to destroy or alter any computer equipment. This includes any stand-alone unit, network systems, printers, or any peripherals in any class room or office in any part of Birdville High School.
The teacher and the administration will administer discipline to the student according to Birdville Independent School Board Policy as stated in the Student Code of Conduct. This discipline will depend on the offense and may result in a short period of time in detention or Saturday School or may be as severe as suspension or removal from the school to another facility such as the Shannon Learning Center for the Challenge program. If the offense is of a criminal nature, consequences may include turning the student over to the proper legal authorities. An example of this may include, but not be limited to, placing a virus on a computer.
With your support, all students will be given the opportunity to receive technical training. It is our goal at Birdville High School to prepare all students to be lifelong learners. Thank you.