Pre-K programs in BISD are located on select campuses. The Pre-K program in BISD is a 3 hour program with sessions in the morning (8:00-11:00) or afternoon (12:20-3:25). Enrollment in a morning or afternoon sessions is dependent on space and availability. Classes meet Monday through Friday.
Prekindergarten Eligibility Requirements
Prekindergarten (half-day) is available to children three or four years of age on or before September 1 of the school year who meet eligibility requirements in one or more of the following areas:
- Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language. Language test will be given at registration.
- Child is Economically Disadvantaged – Verification of income required.
- Child is an Active Military Dependent – Military I.D. required
- Child is Homeless. McKinney-Vento form provided at registration.
- Child who is in or ever has been in conservatorship of Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS). Documentation from CPS is required.
Information about registration for next year will be available in the spring semester.
Parents may register students on the home campus anytime throughout the year.