• Official voting information can be found at VoteTexas.gov

    Below are a few key points for voting.

    You have to register - otherwise you cannot vote

    If you’re a student who spends several weeks or months a year in different locations but wants to vote in Texas, you’ll need to decide which place in Texas is the place you call “home,” i.e., where you intend to return after you’ve been away. If you consider your parents’ address to be your permanent residence, you may use that address as your registration address. If you would like to register to vote at your college address, you may do so, but you can’t be registered in both places.

    If you consider yourself a permanent resident of another state, you’ll need to consult with officials there for registration and ballot-by-mail procedures.

    Voting away from home.

    If you’re attending a college or university away from home, you can vote early by mail if you claimed as your primary residence the address where you live while not attending school – in other words, where a parent or guardian lives.

    To request that an early voting ballot be sent to the address where you are physically planning to be at election time (e.g.,at school), you must fill out an early voting ballet request application.

    For more information, please visit the helpful hints for voting early section of votetexas.gov. 

    You MUST have identification to vote:

    Here is a list of the acceptable forms of photo ID:

    • Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
    • Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
    • Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
    • Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
    • United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
    • United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
    • United States Passport (book or card)

    Here is a list of the supporting forms of ID that can be presented if the voter does not possess one of the forms of acceptable photo ID and cannot reasonably obtain one:

    • copy or original of a government document that shows the voter’s name and an address, including the voter’s voter registration certificate;
    • copy of or original current utility bill;
    • copy of or original bank statement;
    • copy of or original government check;
    • copy of or original paycheck; or
    • copy of or original of (a) a certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes the voter’s identity (which may include a foreign birth document).

     For more information navigate to VoteTexas.gov and find information by choosing the "Who, What, Where, When, How" tab.